Terms & Conditions:
The following terms and conditions apply to all relationships between you, the client, and ourselves, Collar Creative, Collar Architecture, or www.collarcreative.co.uk. By commissioning us to work on a project, you are agreeing to these terms in connection with our design and associated services.
Charging for our work
Whenever time allows all projects will be given a written quote of the cost in advance of the project commencing. The quote will be an estimate based on how long we expect the project to take, in terms of hours or days. It will also include the expected cost of third party and/or subcontracted goods and services. Unless we have agreed a fixed fee in advance, our work will be charged out on an hourly/daily basis.
The final cost of a project will sometimes vary from the original quote supplied for a variety of reasons including:
- Changes made by the client to the project that we deem to be significantly different from the original brief
- The client delaying, defaulting, or otherwise significantly disrupting the project and its agreed timescales
- Unexpected increases in our overheads or expenses
- Circumstances occurring that are not reasonably within our control
- We will advise you in writing if this occurs before charging further costs
- We may ask new clients to pay upfront in full or via the way of 50% of the total invoice before any work is commenced upon and the remainder on completion. In connection with your project, we will charge you for any materials and services we buy in from third party suppliers. For most third party goods or services, we will charge you at cost plus a minimum 17.5 per cent handling fee. The same percentage will be applied to incidental costs such as transport and deliveries.
About our invoices
You must pay our invoices in full *within 30 days* of the invoice date, unless otherwise agreed. We will charge interest on any arrears not paid after 30 days, this will be at the rate of ten percent (10%) of the outstanding balance each month until we have had payment in full. We will also charge you a nominal admin fee of £25 each and every time we have to chase you for payment of overdue invoices. Failure to pay upon time on any pre-agreed schedule will deem any agreement void, and all subsequent invoices will revert to our standard 30 day payment term.
© & legal rights in the project work
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in connection with our work on clients’ projects, belongs to Collar Creative. alone. Once a project is complete and all related invoices have been paid in full, you have the right, known as a license, to use our design work, for the purpose intended. If the client want the full rights to the creative or work produced we will agree this in writing prior to starting.
If you supply us with any material whether written, in print or electronic format or photography to incorporate into a design or in connection with a project, it is your responsibility to make sure that; you already own the copyright and all other rights to the work or you have the necessary licence or other legal permission to use and reproduce it and our use of it will not infringe any third party rights.
If you do not comply with these obligations, you accept that you will compensate us for all costs for any claims, damages, legal action or expenses we face as result. You must not alter or modify any of our designs or other work without our agreement. If you have our agreement, the changes must be made by us or under our supervision, at an hourly rate agreed between us. Both you and we agree to do everything reasonably possible to protect each other’s confidentiality.
If you let us have any items or material, you do so at your own risk. We are not responsible if they are subsequently lost or damaged.
Collar Creative. have the right, by writing to you, to cancel any commitments we have made if:
- You break any of your obligations under this agreement
- You substantially change or delay, postpone, place on hold indefinitely or stop a project whilst it is still in progress
- If you fail to meet your obligations and cause Collar Creative. to cancel our commitments to you, you will immediately be responsible for payment of all fees and expenses including third party costs resulting from us carrying out your instructions up to the date of cancellation at our usual hourly rate
- If you stop a project before it is finished, you have no copyright licence or similar rights to the work we have produced. Nor can you make use of any work or exploit it in any way.
© In pitching situations
Collar Creative follows the Design Councils campaign against free pitching. However should we agree to partake/produce any type of work in a pitch situation (paid and unpaid), the work submitted both physically & intellectually is immediately bound by the weight of all our terms and conditions. Successful in the pitch or not it all work remains the property of Collar Creative unless released in writing.
Our right to sub-contract
Collar Creative are entitled to sub-contract any work to be carried out on any project.